Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I remember certain things more vividly than others.  Certain school days stand out more than others.  That first impression made by various principals and superintendents, throughout the years, stand out in my mind at the start of each school year.  I might not remember what they said but I recall how they made me feel.  It is always my intent to give each educator some praise, support, encouragement and positive recognition.  I want to know how I can help each person.  Hopefully, we have given you, the staff,  the positive impression that will help you with the start of a great school year.

Each year that I continue in education, I grow more proud of our educators.  Being "on" all the time is a  demanding job.  Public Schools educate them all.  These young people show up with all of their issues. Most are fine.  Some bring mental health issues, chemical dependency issues, and problems at home that all contribute to challenges in learning.  Teachers persevere through all the highs and lows and keep coming back for more.  Yes, they are working to pay the bills just like the rest of society.  But teachers do more than that.  They are carving out a life of "difference-making".  This a noble profession.  No one is getting rich.  No one is really overpaid. Educators touch the hearts and minds of countless people.  Some students make the most out of this opportunity for an education.  Other students squander this chance to learn and grow.  The possibility was presented to each and every student.  Our staff will do the best they can to help children make their way in life.  For that reason this is a very unselfish profession.



This fall we will initiate some new technology resources that should enhance student engagement and speed student learning.  Technology is a fast growing and changing environment.  It will be important for all of to maintain a positive and proactive attitude about the use of technology in all aspects of our life.  My goal is to optimize effectiveness and efficiency when it comes to the implementation of new technology trends.  I wish each and everyone reading this blog only the best for the year ahead.
I live four miles out of town and have no high speed internet.  Hopefully this will be available to everyone one day.  Almost everything we do now can be completed on line.  

Do you have high speed internet at home?  


No comments:

Post a Comment